More bombs were reported in the Baghdad area, even though the Interior Ministry spokesman, Maj. Gen. Saad Maan, claimed that no blasts occurred.
At least six were killed, and 10 were wounded:
An attack in Abbara killed a guard and wounded three more.
A soldier was killed and two were wounded by a blast in Tarmiya.
In Baghdad, a bomb killed one person and wounded two more in the Mashtal neighborhood.
An attack on a post in Khanaqin left three security personnel injured.
Three militants were killed in Rabeaa after the men tried to sneak into the country.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Suicide Bomber Strikes Near Kirkuk; 27 Killed in Iraq – January 23rd, 2019
- Turkish Jets Cross Border to Target PKK; 14 Killed in Iraq – January 21st, 2019
- Four People Killed in Iraq Attacks – January 20th, 2019
- Basra Protests Turn Violent Again; Two Killed in Iraq – January 18th, 2019
- 40 Bodies in ISIS Grave; Seven Killed in Iraq – January 16th, 2019