More bombs were reported in the Baghdad area, even though the Interior Ministry spokesman, Maj. Gen. Saad Maan, claimed that no blasts occurred.
At least six were killed, and 10 were wounded:
An attack in Abbara killed a guard and wounded three more.
A soldier was killed and two were wounded by a blast in Tarmiya.
In Baghdad, a bomb killed one person and wounded two more in the Mashtal neighborhood.
An attack on a post in Khanaqin left three security personnel injured.
Three militants were killed in Rabeaa after the men tried to sneak into the country.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Truffle Gatherers Under Attack; Three Killed in Iraq – March 22nd, 2019
- 30 Found in Yazidi Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – March 21st, 2019
- Soldiers Ambushed near Baghdad; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2019
- PKK in Fresh Clashes; Eight Killed in Iraq – March 17th, 2019
- Eight Killed in Iraq as Turks Battle PKK – March 16th, 2019