More bombs were reported in the Baghdad area, even though the Interior Ministry spokesman, Maj. Gen. Saad Maan, claimed that no blasts occurred.
At least six were killed, and 10 were wounded:
An attack in Abbara killed a guard and wounded three more.
A soldier was killed and two were wounded by a blast in Tarmiya.
In Baghdad, a bomb killed one person and wounded two more in the Mashtal neighborhood.
An attack on a post in Khanaqin left three security personnel injured.
Three militants were killed in Rabeaa after the men tried to sneak into the country.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Children Among Casualties in Basra; Nine Killed in Iraq – December 16th, 2018
- Turkey Continues Unapproved Airstrikes; 24 Killed in Iraq – December 15th, 2018
- Civilians Bombed in Turkish Strikes; 26 Killed in Iraq – December 14th, 2018
- Turkey Bombs PKK Sites; Three Killed in Iraq – December 13th, 2018
- Militants Attack Federal Police Unit; Seven Killed in Iraq – December 11th, 2018