At least 10 people were killed, and four were wounded:
Four bodies were found in a grave in Hawija. Three of the men were Peshmerga members and kidnapped in 2014.
A roadside bomb in Tal Afar killed one person and wounded four more.
In Riyadh, a federal policeman was shot dead.
Turkish airstrikes targeting Kurdistan Workers’ Party (P.K.K.) guerrillas in Zab left four of them dead.
Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi promised to launch new public works initiatives in Basra. The announcement comes two days before a parliamentary meeting where he may learn the fate of his bid to remain prime minister. However, it comes weeks after protests started in Basra, and it may be too late for him to retain the seat.
There are reports circulating that an arrest warrant has been issued for Basra Governor Asaad Al Eidani, possibly over defamation.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Nine Militants Killed During Security Operations in Iraq – October 20th, 2018
- Anti-ISIS Imam Among 11 Killed in Iraq – October 19th, 2018
- Over 2,200 Bodies Exhumed in Mosul Region; Four Killed in Iraq – October 18th, 2018
- Iraq Executes Six Convicts; 14 Others Killed in Attacks – October 17th, 2018
- ISIS Commander Blamed for Iran Attack among 18 Killed in Iraq – October 16th, 2018