Since January, courts in Nineveh province have sentenced 212 people to death and 150 more to life in prison on terrorism charges. It is unclear how many of the convicts have already been executed.
At least 13 were killed, and seven were wounded in recent violence:
A woman’s body was found in Mosul.
A bomb in Hayy al-Askari left three people wounded.
Turkish airstrikes neutralized five members of the Kurdistan Workers Party (P.K.K.) in Zab. Turkish authorities use the term “neutralized” to mean either killed or captured. In this case, they were likely killed.
Strikes left four militants dead in the Khanouqa Mountains.
Two militants were killed by police in Tikrit.
Security forces killed a militant leader who was hiding in a tunnel near the border with Syria.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Basra Protests Turn Violent Again; Two Killed in Iraq – January 18th, 2019
- 40 Bodies in ISIS Grave; Seven Killed in Iraq – January 16th, 2019
- Scattered Attacks Leave Four Dead in Iraq – January 15th, 2019
- Children Wounded in Roadside Blast; Two Killed in Iraq – January 13th, 2019
- ISIS Members Poisoned by Relative; Seven Killed in Iraq – January 12th, 2019