At least 27 were killed and 33 were wounded in recent violence:
Sixteen people were killed and 14 were wounded when a pair of bombs exploded at the entrance to a cemetery in Asdira, near Shirqat. A funeral being held there was for five militiamen who were killed Wednesday night during an attack on their convoy.
In Sdiera al-Suflah, near Shirqat, villagers took up arms when militants attacked a security outpost. Four civilians were killed and four were wounded. The connection between this attack and the one is Asdira is unclear.
A sticky bomb left one dead and two wounded in Khanaqin.
Gunmen killed a man in Mosul.
In Rashad, four federal policemen were wounded during an attack.
Militants wounded four policemen when they attacked an outpost in Hudeira.
A bomb in Ramadi wounded three people.
A soldier was wounded in a Tarmiya bombing.
In Khanizir, gunmen wounded a woman.
A mass grave was discovered near Ramadi, but no details were given about the victims.
In other news: Members of the Kakai minority group say they are fleeing their village, Zanqari, due to ISIS/Daesh members moving around freely there. A security vacuum formed after Peshmerga forces were pushed out in October, according to the residents.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Bombers Return to Sadr City; Five Killed in Iraq – August 14th, 2018
- Child Injured in Checkpoint Attack; Six Killed in Iraq – August 13th, 2018
- Fresh ISIS Clashes and Attacks; 42 Killed in Iraq – August 12th, 2018
- ISIS Attack on Tribal Fighters near Baiji; 12 Killed in Iraq – August 11th, 2018
- Double Bombing Targets First Responders; Seven Killed in Iraq – August 10th, 2018