At least 27 were killed and 33 were wounded in recent violence:
Sixteen people were killed and 14 were wounded when a pair of bombs exploded at the entrance to a cemetery in Asdira, near Shirqat. A funeral being held there was for five militiamen who were killed Wednesday night during an attack on their convoy.
In Sdiera al-Suflah, near Shirqat, villagers took up arms when militants attacked a security outpost. Four civilians were killed and four were wounded. The connection between this attack and the one is Asdira is unclear.
A sticky bomb left one dead and two wounded in Khanaqin.
Gunmen killed a man in Mosul.
In Rashad, four federal policemen were wounded during an attack.
Militants wounded four policemen when they attacked an outpost in Hudeira.
A bomb in Ramadi wounded three people.
A soldier was wounded in a Tarmiya bombing.
In Khanizir, gunmen wounded a woman.
A mass grave was discovered near Ramadi, but no details were given about the victims.
In other news: Members of the Kakai minority group say they are fleeing their village, Zanqari, due to ISIS/Daesh members moving around freely there. A security vacuum formed after Peshmerga forces were pushed out in October, according to the residents.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- ISIS Threatens to Kill Captive Security Personnel; Nine Killed in Iraq – June 24th, 2018
- Kurdish Town Strikes Against Deteriorating Security; 24 Killed in Iraq – June 22nd, 2018
- Mass ISIS Grave Yields 167 Bodies; 19 Killed Recently in Iraq – June 20th, 2018
- ISIS Kidnappings Increase Significantly; 37 Killed in Iraq – June 19th, 2018
- Shepherds Kidnapped and Executed; 16 Killed in Iraq – June 18th, 2018