Kurdistan Workers’ Party (P.K.K.) guerrillas based in
the Sinjar area have promised
to leave after Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan threatened to
attack them — with or without Baghdad’s approval. The group is fighting a war
with Turkey, but many of the guerrillas are based in Iraq.
At least 30 people were killed, and 11 more were wounded:
Lt. Gen. Raid Shakir Jawdat, the commander of the federal police forces, admitted that 10 kidnapped federal policemen were killed. Four days ago, the group was traveling on a highway in the Hamrin Mountains when they were ambushed.
A mass grave found near Muqdadiya has, so far, given up five bodies.
The bodies of five Turkmen militiamen were found near Hawija.
Four soldiers were killed in Nahda when a bomb exploded.
In Saidiya, gunmen shot at a car, killing a family of four, including a child.
A militiaman was killed and three were wounded during a blast in Sherwin.
A bomb at a Tarmiya market left one dead and two wounded.
Six people were wounded when three bombs exploded in Kirkuk.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Fresh Dangers for Truffle Hunters; 12 Killed in Iraq – February 18th, 2019
- Attack at Military Base Near Kirkuk; 11 Killed in Iraq – February 17th, 2019
- Elderly Shrine Tender Among Eight Killed in Iraq – February 16th, 2019
- More Truffle Gatherers Kidnapped; Four Killed in Iraq – February 15th, 2019
- Militia Convoy Attacked; 17 Killed in Iraq – February 14th, 2019