The director of the Iraqi civil aviation authority, Abbas Omran, announced the official resumption of international flights into the Kurdistan region.
At least 29 people were killed, and six more were wounded in recent violence:
Six bodies were discovered at the Bakara base near Kirkuk.
A militant attack near Tal al-Zahab left two security personnel dead and three wounded.
Militants killed a civilian and a security member in Abu Saida.
Two civilians were wounded in a grenade attack in Doulab.
In Khirbet Aziz, security forces killed 10 militants.
Seven militants were killed during operations in Anbar province.
An airstrike killed two militants and wounded one more in Baghdadi.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018
- Two Killed, 33 Injured in Continuing Protests in Southern Iraq – July 14th, 2018