An Iraqi sentenced 13 Turkish women to death for their involvement with the Islamic State.
The Kurdistan Regional Government handed over as many as 576 detainees to Iraq.
At least 54 people were killed, and eight more were wounded in recent violence:
At least 21 militiamen were killed in various altercations in the Rashad, Hamrin Mountains, and Wadi Khanizir region.
Four militiamen were killed and three were wounded in an attack on their base in Mkesheifa.
Militants killed eight people, including a tribal chief, at a home in Qayara.
Three people were killed in an attack as they were driving in Daquq.
In Tarmiya, a blast left one dead and three injured.
A blast near the Fallujah Dam left two soldiers with injuries.
Seven militants were killed in Hawija and Rashad.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Scattered Attacks Continue in Kirkuk, Diyala; 27 Killed in Iraq – May 24th, 2018
- Suicide Bomber Strikes Baghdad; 16 Killed in Iraq – May 23rd, 2018
- 1,000 Bodies Recovered in Mosul; Two Turks Among 15 Killed in Iraq – May 22nd, 2018
- French Training Iraqi Forces near Syrian Border; Five Killed in Iraq – May 21st, 2018
- Eleven ISIS Militants Killed in Iraq – May 20th, 2018