The Iraqi Parliament approved an $88.5 billion dollar budget but slashed the amount of money the Kurdish region will receive. The cut, which reduced the amount allocated to the Kurds from 17 percent to 12.6 percent, forced Kurdish lawmakers to boycott the vote.
At least seven people were killed, and seven more were wounded in recent violence:
A bomb in Taji wounded three people.
Three militiamen were wounded during an attack in Saidiya.
In Baghdad, a bomb wounded one person.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Truffle Gatherers Under Attack; Three Killed in Iraq – March 22nd, 2019
- 30 Found in Yazidi Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – March 21st, 2019
- Soldiers Ambushed near Baghdad; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2019
- PKK in Fresh Clashes; Eight Killed in Iraq – March 17th, 2019
- Eight Killed in Iraq as Turks Battle PKK – March 16th, 2019