The Iraqi Parliament approved an $88.5 billion dollar budget but slashed the amount of money the Kurdish region will receive. The cut, which reduced the amount allocated to the Kurds from 17 percent to 12.6 percent, forced Kurdish lawmakers to boycott the vote.
At least seven people were killed, and seven more were wounded in recent violence:
A bomb in Taji wounded three people.
Three militiamen were wounded during an attack in Saidiya.
In Baghdad, a bomb wounded one person.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Kurdish Town Strikes Against Deteriorating Security; 24 Killed in Iraq – June 22nd, 2018
- Mass ISIS Grave Yields 167 Bodies; 19 Killed Recently in Iraq – June 20th, 2018
- ISIS Kidnappings Increase Significantly; 37 Killed in Iraq – June 19th, 2018
- Shepherds Kidnapped and Executed; 16 Killed in Iraq – June 18th, 2018
- Anti-ISIS Operation Launched in Anbar; 45 Killed in Iraq – June 17th, 2018