The Iraqi Parliament approved an $88.5 billion dollar budget but slashed the amount of money the Kurdish region will receive. The cut, which reduced the amount allocated to the Kurds from 17 percent to 12.6 percent, forced Kurdish lawmakers to boycott the vote.
At least seven people were killed, and seven more were wounded in recent violence:
A bomb in Taji wounded three people.
Three militiamen were wounded during an attack in Saidiya.
In Baghdad, a bomb wounded one person.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Peshmerga Member Among Two Dead in Iraq – December 9th, 2018
- Turkish Jets Strike PKK Targets; 12 Killed in Iraq – December 8th, 2018
- ISIS Grave Gives up 50 Bodies; Two Killed in Iraq – December 6th, 2018
- Protesters Attempt to Storm Basra Governor’s Office; 16 Killed in Iraq – December 4th, 2018
- Four Killed in Iraq – December 2nd, 2018