Peshmerga reopened a highway that links Erbil with Kirkuk. However, the Iraqi government maintains checkpoints on the part of the road that is in territory currently held by Iraq.
An official in Nineveh province said that a recently discovered mass grave containing 40 Christian victims is decades old.
At least 18 people were killed or found dead, and six more were wounded in recent violence:
In Abu Ghraib, a bomb killed one person and wounded two more at a market.
Eight militants were killed in an airstrike on Atshana mountain.
Security forces killed four militants at Tal Safuk.
In Makhmour, three militants were killed.
A militant was killed in Saaduonia.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Turkish Airstrikes Leave Kurdish Fatalities; 14 Killed in Iraq – March 22nd, 2018
- India Abductees Found Dead Near Mosul; 72 Killed in Iraq – March 20th, 2018
- ISIS Attacks on Kirkuk Province Highways; Four Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2018
- Bodies Pollute River in Mosul; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 18th, 2018
- Seven U.S. Airmen Among 131 Killed in Iraq – March 16th, 2018