Peshmerga reopened a highway that links Erbil with Kirkuk. However, the Iraqi government maintains checkpoints on the part of the road that is in territory currently held by Iraq.
An official in Nineveh province said that a recently discovered mass grave containing 40 Christian victims is decades old.
At least 18 people were killed or found dead, and six more were wounded in recent violence:
In Abu Ghraib, a bomb killed one person and wounded two more at a market.
Eight militants were killed in an airstrike on Atshana mountain.
Security forces killed four militants at Tal Safuk.
In Makhmour, three militants were killed.
A militant was killed in Saaduonia.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Kirkuk Blast Targets Political Party; 24 Killed in Iraq – September 19th, 2018
- Roadside Bombs Target Buses; 18 Killed in Iraq – September 18th, 2018
- Water Sickens Baghdad Soccer Team in Basra; 14 Killed or Found Dead in Iraq – September 17th, 2018
- Troops Deployed to Turkish Border; 20 Killed in Iraq – September 16th, 2018
- Children Found in Mosul Mass Grave; 11 Killed or Found Dead in Iraq – September 15th, 2018