Peshmerga reopened a highway that links Erbil with Kirkuk. However, the Iraqi government maintains checkpoints on the part of the road that is in territory currently held by Iraq.
An official in Nineveh province said that a recently discovered mass grave containing 40 Christian victims is decades old.
At least 18 people were killed or found dead, and six more were wounded in recent violence:
In Abu Ghraib, a bomb killed one person and wounded two more at a market.
Eight militants were killed in an airstrike on Atshana mountain.
Security forces killed four militants at Tal Safuk.
In Makhmour, three militants were killed.
A militant was killed in Saaduonia.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Peshmerga Member Among Two Dead in Iraq – December 9th, 2018
- Turkish Jets Strike PKK Targets; 12 Killed in Iraq – December 8th, 2018
- ISIS Grave Gives up 50 Bodies; Two Killed in Iraq – December 6th, 2018
- Protesters Attempt to Storm Basra Governor’s Office; 16 Killed in Iraq – December 4th, 2018
- Four Killed in Iraq – December 2nd, 2018