Peshmerga reopened a highway that links Erbil with Kirkuk. However, the Iraqi government maintains checkpoints on the part of the road that is in territory currently held by Iraq.
An official in Nineveh province said that a recently discovered mass grave containing 40 Christian victims is decades old.
At least 18 people were killed or found dead, and six more were wounded in recent violence:
In Abu Ghraib, a bomb killed one person and wounded two more at a market.
Eight militants were killed in an airstrike on Atshana mountain.
Security forces killed four militants at Tal Safuk.
In Makhmour, three militants were killed.
A militant was killed in Saaduonia.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Soldiers Ambushed near Baghdad; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2019
- PKK in Fresh Clashes; Eight Killed in Iraq – March 17th, 2019
- Eight Killed in Iraq as Turks Battle PKK – March 16th, 2019
- Two militiamen Among 11 Killed in Iraq – March 14th, 2019
- ISIS Executes Another Truffle Hunter; Two People Killed in Iraq – March 13th, 2019