Peshmerga reopened a highway that links Erbil with Kirkuk. However, the Iraqi government maintains checkpoints on the part of the road that is in territory currently held by Iraq.
An official in Nineveh province said that a recently discovered mass grave containing 40 Christian victims is decades old.
At least 18 people were killed or found dead, and six more were wounded in recent violence:
In Abu Ghraib, a bomb killed one person and wounded two more at a market.
Eight militants were killed in an airstrike on Atshana mountain.
Security forces killed four militants at Tal Safuk.
In Makhmour, three militants were killed.
A militant was killed in Saaduonia.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Shepherds Kidnapped and Executed; 16 Killed in Iraq – June 18th, 2018
- Anti-ISIS Operation Launched in Anbar; 45 Killed in Iraq – June 17th, 2018
- More Humanitarian Aid Planned; Seven Killed in Iraq – June 16th, 2018
- Forty ISIS Bodies Found in Grave; 28 Killed in Iraq – June 15th, 2018
- Euphrates Fills with Bodies Floating in from Syria; 18 Killed or Found Dead in Iraq – June 14th, 2018