Hamid Hosseini, the Iranian secretary-general of the Iran-Iraq Chamber of Commerce, warns that an expected oil transportation route cannot be implemented currently over security concerns. The route would be used by trucks to carry oil from Kirkuk’s fields to a refinery at Kermanshah, Iran. Hosseini claimed that Iran does not have x-ray machines to scan the trucks entering Iran; however, militants still hiding along the route may be a bigger if unspoken concern.
At least 147 people were killed or found dead, and 10 more were wounded:
Three dumped bodies were found in Rabeaa.
Militants killed two militiamen in Najatia.
A bombing in Tarmiya left one civilian dead and two others wounded at a market.
In Balad Ruz, gunmen killed a shepherd and wounded his brother.
Gunmen wounded three militiamen in Jurf al-Sakr (Nasr).
Clashes between militiamen and militants took place in Albu Mohammed.
The bodies of 130 militants were found in mass graves, tunnels, and caves near Ramaniya.
Security forces killed three militants in the Bakr area.
Another three militants were killed in Hamraniya.
Two militants were killed in Malali.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 47 Bodies Found in Mass Grave; 13 Killed in Iraq – February 20th, 2019
- Truffle Hunters Executed; 17 Killed in Iraq – February 19th, 2019
- Fresh Dangers for Truffle Hunters; 12 Killed in Iraq – February 18th, 2019
- Attack at Military Base Near Kirkuk; 11 Killed in Iraq – February 17th, 2019
- Elderly Shrine Tender Among Eight Killed in Iraq – February 16th, 2019