Although a ban on international flights remains imposed on Kurdistan, the Iraqi parliament voted to remove sanctions on Kurdistan’s banks.
Journalists continue to face violent attacks from politician’s bodyguards.
Several small Islamic State attacks against security personnel relatively occurred near each other in Diyala, Kirkuk, and Salah ad Din provinces, which are north and east of Baghdad. At least 15 were killed or found dead, and six were wounded in them:
An attack left one tribal fighter dead and three wounded in Rashad.
A bombing in Moltaqa left one policeman dead and another wounded.
In Hiit, Diyala province, mortars killed a farmer.
A civilian was killed in a blast in Dour, Salah ad Din.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 30 Found in Yazidi Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – March 21st, 2019
- Soldiers Ambushed near Baghdad; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2019
- PKK in Fresh Clashes; Eight Killed in Iraq – March 17th, 2019
- Eight Killed in Iraq as Turks Battle PKK – March 16th, 2019
- Two militiamen Among 11 Killed in Iraq – March 14th, 2019