At least 103 people were killed and 18 were wounded across Iraq.
On Friday security forces had driven out militants from a police station they had captured in Tal al-Thahab, near Balad. Eleven militants were reported killed then, but hospital authorities are now reporting that six militia fighters were also killed during the fight. Militants returned to the station later. They executed at least 12 militiamen and at least 10 more are still missing. Helicopter cover finally managed to break the siege on the station.
Nine people were killed and 11 were wounded in al-Salman during a car bomb and small arms attack at a checkpoint.
Militants killed 12 security members in Shurqat.
Airstrikes in Yathrib left 17 militants dead.
In Arab Jabour, six militants were killed in an airstrike.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Truffle Gatherers Under Attack; Three Killed in Iraq – March 22nd, 2019
- 30 Found in Yazidi Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – March 21st, 2019
- Soldiers Ambushed near Baghdad; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2019
- PKK in Fresh Clashes; Eight Killed in Iraq – March 17th, 2019
- Eight Killed in Iraq as Turks Battle PKK – March 16th, 2019