At least 65 people were killed and 26 were wounded in the latest attacks and battles.
Shi’ite militias not only cleared Jurf al-Sakhar of Islamic State militants, they have, apparently, also cleared it of Sunni civilians. The last Sunnis who left the city were told not to return for several months. Also, the one Sunni member of the provincial council was found dead, not long after the final battle with the militants.
Seven volunteer fighters were killed and 12 more were wounded during a clash in Dujail.
Unidentified aircraft killed seven people and wounded nine more in Falluja.
A bomb in Baquba wounded a woman and child.
In Mosul, airstrikes killed 18 militants.
Shelling left 11 militants dead in Kubaisa.
The body of a militant leader was found in Jalawla. He had been shot.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- More Yazidi Victims Found in Mass Graves; 97 Killed in Iraq – December 16th, 2017
- Suicide Bomber Attacks Militia; 15 Killed in Iraq – December 15th, 2017
- Dozens of Sunnis Executed on Terror Charges; 53 Killed in Iraq – December 14th, 2017
- ISIS Attacks Troops, Mass Grave Found; 68 Killed in Iraq – December 13th, 2017
- UN Probes Right Abuses in Restive Tuz Khormato; Seven Killed in Iraq – December 12th, 2017