At least 65 people were killed and 26 were wounded in the latest attacks and battles.
Shi’ite militias not only cleared Jurf al-Sakhar of Islamic State militants, they have, apparently, also cleared it of Sunni civilians. The last Sunnis who left the city were told not to return for several months. Also, the one Sunni member of the provincial council was found dead, not long after the final battle with the militants.
Seven volunteer fighters were killed and 12 more were wounded during a clash in Dujail.
Unidentified aircraft killed seven people and wounded nine more in Falluja.
A bomb in Baquba wounded a woman and child.
In Mosul, airstrikes killed 18 militants.
Shelling left 11 militants dead in Kubaisa.
The body of a militant leader was found in Jalawla. He had been shot.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Turkish Airstrikes Leave Kurdish Fatalities; 14 Killed in Iraq – March 22nd, 2018
- India Abductees Found Dead Near Mosul; 72 Killed in Iraq – March 20th, 2018
- ISIS Attacks on Kirkuk Province Highways; Four Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2018
- Bodies Pollute River in Mosul; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 18th, 2018
- Seven U.S. Airmen Among 131 Killed in Iraq – March 16th, 2018