At least 65 people were killed and 26 were wounded in the latest attacks and battles.
Shi’ite militias not only cleared Jurf al-Sakhar of Islamic State militants, they have, apparently, also cleared it of Sunni civilians. The last Sunnis who left the city were told not to return for several months. Also, the one Sunni member of the provincial council was found dead, not long after the final battle with the militants.
Seven volunteer fighters were killed and 12 more were wounded during a clash in Dujail.
Unidentified aircraft killed seven people and wounded nine more in Falluja.
A bomb in Baquba wounded a woman and child.
In Mosul, airstrikes killed 18 militants.
Shelling left 11 militants dead in Kubaisa.
The body of a militant leader was found in Jalawla. He had been shot.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Anti-ISIS Imam Among 11 Killed in Iraq – October 19th, 2018
- Over 2,200 Bodies Exhumed in Mosul Region; Four Killed in Iraq – October 18th, 2018
- Iraq Executes Six Convicts; 14 Others Killed in Attacks – October 17th, 2018
- ISIS Commander Blamed for Iran Attack among 18 Killed in Iraq – October 16th, 2018
- 51 Bodies in ISIS Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – October 15th, 2018