Only two deaths were reported in Iraq today; however, a mass grave was also discovered. Meanwhile Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki said that it is unlikely he would form the new government before the year’s end.
A mass grave dating to 1991 was discovered in Basra province.
In Baghdad, gunmen killed a police captain in the Mansour district.
In Mosul, a police lieutenant was killed in a small arms attack near his home.
Twelve suspects were captured in Missan province, and 20 mortars were defused.
A wanted suspect turned himself over to security forces in Anbar province.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Militants Attack Federal Police Unit; Seven Killed in Iraq – December 11th, 2018
- Peshmerga Member Among Two Dead in Iraq – December 9th, 2018
- Turkish Jets Strike PKK Targets; 12 Killed in Iraq – December 8th, 2018
- ISIS Grave Gives up 50 Bodies; Two Killed in Iraq – December 6th, 2018
- Protesters Attempt to Storm Basra Governor’s Office; 16 Killed in Iraq – December 4th, 2018