Only two deaths were reported in Iraq today; however, a mass grave was also discovered. Meanwhile Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki said that it is unlikely he would form the new government before the year’s end.
A mass grave dating to 1991 was discovered in Basra province.
In Baghdad, gunmen killed a police captain in the Mansour district.
In Mosul, a police lieutenant was killed in a small arms attack near his home.
Twelve suspects were captured in Missan province, and 20 mortars were defused.
A wanted suspect turned himself over to security forces in Anbar province.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 47 Bodies Found in Mass Grave; 13 Killed in Iraq – February 20th, 2019
- Truffle Hunters Executed; 17 Killed in Iraq – February 19th, 2019
- Fresh Dangers for Truffle Hunters; 12 Killed in Iraq – February 18th, 2019
- Attack at Military Base Near Kirkuk; 11 Killed in Iraq – February 17th, 2019
- Elderly Shrine Tender Among Eight Killed in Iraq – February 16th, 2019