Only two deaths were reported in Iraq today; however, a mass grave was also discovered. Meanwhile Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki said that it is unlikely he would form the new government before the year’s end.
A mass grave dating to 1991 was discovered in Basra province.
In Baghdad, gunmen killed a police captain in the Mansour district.
In Mosul, a police lieutenant was killed in a small arms attack near his home.
Twelve suspects were captured in Missan province, and 20 mortars were defused.
A wanted suspect turned himself over to security forces in Anbar province.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Anti-ISIS Imam Among 11 Killed in Iraq – October 19th, 2018
- Over 2,200 Bodies Exhumed in Mosul Region; Four Killed in Iraq – October 18th, 2018
- Iraq Executes Six Convicts; 14 Others Killed in Attacks – October 17th, 2018
- ISIS Commander Blamed for Iran Attack among 18 Killed in Iraq – October 16th, 2018
- 51 Bodies in ISIS Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – October 15th, 2018