At least 103 people were killed and 18 were wounded across Iraq.
On Friday security forces had driven out militants from a police station they had captured in Tal al-Thahab, near Balad. Eleven militants were reported killed then, but hospital authorities are now reporting that six militia fighters were also killed during the fight. Militants returned to the station later. They executed at least 12 militiamen and at least 10 more are still missing. Helicopter cover finally managed to break the siege on the station.
Nine people were killed and 11 were wounded in al-Salman during a car bomb and small arms attack at a checkpoint.
Militants killed 12 security members in Shurqat.
Airstrikes in Yathrib left 17 militants dead.
In Arab Jabour, six militants were killed in an airstrike.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- UN Probes Right Abuses in Restive Tuz Khormato; Seven Killed in Iraq – December 12th, 2017
- Turkish Jets Strike PKK Camps; 38 Killed Across Iraq – December 11th, 2017
- Victory Parade in Green Zone; Seven Injured Across Iraq – December 10th, 2017
- Scattered Attacks Leave 51 Killed Across Iraq – December 9th, 2017
- Christians Again Displaced; 13 Killed in Iraq – December 8th, 2017