At least 103 people were killed and 18 were wounded across Iraq.
On Friday security forces had driven out militants from a police station they had captured in Tal al-Thahab, near Balad. Eleven militants were reported killed then, but hospital authorities are now reporting that six militia fighters were also killed during the fight. Militants returned to the station later. They executed at least 12 militiamen and at least 10 more are still missing. Helicopter cover finally managed to break the siege on the station.
Nine people were killed and 11 were wounded in al-Salman during a car bomb and small arms attack at a checkpoint.
Militants killed 12 security members in Shurqat.
Airstrikes in Yathrib left 17 militants dead.
In Arab Jabour, six militants were killed in an airstrike.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018
- Two Killed, 33 Injured in Continuing Protests in Southern Iraq – July 14th, 2018
- Protests Spread Through Southern Provinces; 7 Killed, 57 Wounded in Iraq – July 13th, 2018
- Oil Field Protests Escalate; 13 Killed in Iraq – July 12th, 2018