At least 103 people were killed and 18 were wounded across Iraq.
On Friday security forces had driven out militants from a police station they had captured in Tal al-Thahab, near Balad. Eleven militants were reported killed then, but hospital authorities are now reporting that six militia fighters were also killed during the fight. Militants returned to the station later. They executed at least 12 militiamen and at least 10 more are still missing. Helicopter cover finally managed to break the siege on the station.
Nine people were killed and 11 were wounded in al-Salman during a car bomb and small arms attack at a checkpoint.
Militants killed 12 security members in Shurqat.
Airstrikes in Yathrib left 17 militants dead.
In Arab Jabour, six militants were killed in an airstrike.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Seven U.S. Airmen Among 131 Killed in Iraq – March 16th, 2018
- U.S. Military Helicopter Crash; 63 Killed in Iraq – March 15th, 2018
- Mass Grave Found Near Kirkuk; 29 Killed in Iraq – March 14th, 2018
- Militiaman Shoots P.M.’s Security Officer; 32 Killed in Iraq – March 13th, 2018
- Scattered ISIS Attacks near Kirkuk; 54 Killed in Iraq – March 12th, 2018