In the capital, multiple attacks harkened back to the height of sectarian tensions. At least 15 Iraqis were killed and 67 more were wounded in those attacks and one other in Baiji.
A triple bombing at a Sadr City/Husseiniya bird market killed five people and wounded 42 more. Because Iraqis enjoy buying pets after Friday prayers, livestock markets were repeated targets for insurgents at the height of sectarian violence. Five people were killed and 25 more were wounded during a blast at a restaurant in the Diyala Bridge area, which was also used to be a frequent location for attacks. Gunmen attacked a Kadhimiya home, where they killed five people, a police captain and his family. An I.E.D. wounded four people in Abu Dsheer.
An I.E.D. wounded two policemen near the Baiji cement plant.
A bomb was defused in Balad Ruz.
A Peshmerga guard was kidnapped from his home near Kirkuk.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Seven U.S. Airmen Among 131 Killed in Iraq – March 16th, 2018
- U.S. Military Helicopter Crash; 63 Killed in Iraq – March 15th, 2018
- Mass Grave Found Near Kirkuk; 29 Killed in Iraq – March 14th, 2018
- Militiaman Shoots P.M.’s Security Officer; 32 Killed in Iraq – March 13th, 2018
- Scattered ISIS Attacks near Kirkuk; 54 Killed in Iraq – March 12th, 2018