At least 18 people were killed, and 13 more were wounded in recent violence:
Near Samarra, one militiaman was killed and two more were wounded during a small arms attack. As security personnel looked for the assailants, they came under fire as well. Three more were killed, and another was wounded.
In Multaqa, a roadside bomb killed a child and wounded five others.
A farmer was killed in a blast near Abbara.
An old landmine seriously wounded a shepherd in Sheikh Saad district near the Iran border. The mine was leftover from the Iran-Iraq War and may have been disinterred by recent flooding.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- U.S. Service Member Among 17 Killed in Iraq – April 20th, 2019
- ISIS Attacks Federal Police; Four Killed in Iraq – April 18th, 2019
- Roadside Bomb Targets Soldiers; 23 Killed in Iraq – April 16th, 2019
- Militia Attacks Police in Mosul; Eight Killed in Iraq – April 14th, 2019
- Security Personnel Clash with ISIS; Seven Killed in Iraq – April 12th, 2019