At least four people were killed and one child was wounded:
Eight people picking truffles at two separate locations in Anbar were kidnapped. Five were kidnapped near Rawa, and three were kidnapped near Hit. Several groups of truffle hunters have been attacked recently, as springtime is the season for the delicacy. There are reports of other gatherers being taken as well.
A boy was wounded in Muqdadiya when a grenade was lobbed at his house.
In Sheikh Younis, a security operation left four militants dead.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- PKK in Fresh Clashes; Eight Killed in Iraq – March 17th, 2019
- Eight Killed in Iraq as Turks Battle PKK – March 16th, 2019
- Two militiamen Among 11 Killed in Iraq – March 14th, 2019
- ISIS Executes Another Truffle Hunter; Two People Killed in Iraq – March 13th, 2019
- Tribal Fighting Leaves Casualties; Five Killed in Iraq – March 12th, 2019