At least four people were killed, and 10 were wounded:
In Karbala, award-winning novelist Alaa Mashzoub was shot dead by a gunman while riding home on his bicycle. At least 13 shots were fired at the outspoken writer who may have been assassinated for his criticism against militias, Iran, and sectarianism.
Militants attacked an oil police checkpoint in Buhriz, leaving one dead and one injured.
In Saidiya, a roadside bomb killed one militiaman and wounded another.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- US Soldier Among 25 Killed in Iraq – April 24th, 2019
- Continuing anti-ISIS Operations; Five Killed in Iraq – April 23rd, 2019
- Team Exhuming Mass Grave Fired On; Nine Killed in Iraq – April 22nd, 2019
- U.S. Service Member Among 17 Killed in Iraq – April 20th, 2019
- ISIS Attacks Federal Police; Four Killed in Iraq – April 18th, 2019