At least four people were killed, and 10 were wounded:
In Karbala, award-winning novelist Alaa Mashzoub was shot dead by a gunman while riding home on his bicycle. At least 13 shots were fired at the outspoken writer who may have been assassinated for his criticism against militias, Iran, and sectarianism.
Militants attacked an oil police checkpoint in Buhriz, leaving one dead and one injured.
In Saidiya, a roadside bomb killed one militiaman and wounded another.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Attack at Military Base Near Kirkuk; 11 Killed in Iraq – February 17th, 2019
- Elderly Shrine Tender Among Eight Killed in Iraq – February 16th, 2019
- More Truffle Gatherers Kidnapped; Four Killed in Iraq – February 15th, 2019
- Militia Convoy Attacked; 17 Killed in Iraq – February 14th, 2019
- Security Forces Rescue 30 Civilians; Three Killed in Iraq – February 13th, 2019