At least 27 people were killed, and 16 were wounded:
Two children were wounded in a bombing near Fallujah.
Turkish airstrikes against Kurdistan Workers’ Party (P.K.K.) targets in northern Iraq left two civilians dead and two wounded in the village of Gali Rashava. The Turkish military reported that 21 militants were killed in strikes in the last three days across Kurdistan.
A militant was killed in Dhuluiya.
Also, Shi’ite militiamen shelled a village on the other side of the Syrian border, where Islamic State militants were allegedly planning an attack in Iraq. At least 43 militants were killed or wounded in Baghuz. These casualties were not added to the figures above.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- More Truffle Gatherers Kidnapped; Four Killed in Iraq – February 15th, 2019
- Militia Convoy Attacked; 17 Killed in Iraq – February 14th, 2019
- Security Forces Rescue 30 Civilians; Three Killed in Iraq – February 13th, 2019
- 10 Bodies Found in Mass Grave; 3 Killed in Iraq – February 12th, 2019
- Five Killed in Iraq, Including Security Personnel – February 11th, 2019