Turkish jets bombed Kurdistan Workers’ Party (P.K.K.) targets in Sinjar and Makhmour on Thursday. The number of casualties has not yet been released. The strikes may be related to an impeding operation against Kurdish People’s Protection Units (Y.P.G.) in Syria that Turkey has announced. Turkey calls the Y.P.G. an offsoot of the P.K.K. guerrillas.
At least three were killed in recent violence:
Three militants were killed in Sheikh Ibrahim, near Mosul.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Scattered Attacks Leave Four Dead in Iraq – January 15th, 2019
- Children Wounded in Roadside Blast; Two Killed in Iraq – January 13th, 2019
- ISIS Members Poisoned by Relative; Seven Killed in Iraq – January 12th, 2019
- Car Bomb in Town Near Syrian Border; Six Killed in Iraq – January 11th, 2019
- 38 Found in Mass Grave near Mosul; One Killed in Iraq – January 9th, 2019