Turkish jets bombed Kurdistan Workers’ Party (P.K.K.) targets in Sinjar and Makhmour on Thursday. The number of casualties has not yet been released. The strikes may be related to an impeding operation against Kurdish People’s Protection Units (Y.P.G.) in Syria that Turkey has announced. Turkey calls the Y.P.G. an offsoot of the P.K.K. guerrillas.
At least three were killed in recent violence:
Three militants were killed in Sheikh Ibrahim, near Mosul.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Suicide Bombers Blow Themselves up; Four Killed in Iraq – March 24th, 2019
- Truffle Gatherers Under Attack; Three Killed in Iraq – March 22nd, 2019
- 30 Found in Yazidi Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – March 21st, 2019
- Soldiers Ambushed near Baghdad; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2019
- PKK in Fresh Clashes; Eight Killed in Iraq – March 17th, 2019