At least four people were killed, and three were wounded:
In Abu Saida, gunmen killed a young man. He is reported to have operated as a provider of electricity. It is unclear if he worked privately or for an electrical company. In order to bypass the myriad of problems with the electrical infrastructure in Iraq, many people own personal generators and then sell the electricity it produces to their neighbors.
A bomb in Rumaila wounded three men who work for the Basra Oil Company. The men were traveling for recreation.
Airstrikes killed three militants in Hamrin.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Border Guards Among 15 Killed in Iraq – February 21st, 2019
- 47 Bodies Found in Mass Grave; 13 Killed in Iraq – February 20th, 2019
- Truffle Hunters Executed; 17 Killed in Iraq – February 19th, 2019
- Fresh Dangers for Truffle Hunters; 12 Killed in Iraq – February 18th, 2019
- Attack at Military Base Near Kirkuk; 11 Killed in Iraq – February 17th, 2019