Lingering unemployment protests outside the Basra Oil Company turned violent on Tuesday, with clashes reported between demonstrators and security forces. No casualty figures were reported as yet, but tires were set on fire. The demonstrators have been gathering at the company, demanding jobs, since early in November.
At least five were killed, and seven were wounded in recent violence:
In Baghdad, a bombing left two people dead and two more with injures.
One person was killed and two were wounded in a blast in Abu Sabaa.
A sniper killed a soldier in Abu Garma.
In Tal Keif, a bomb wounded three people.
A militant was killed at Lake Garvin.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Truffle Hunters Executed; 17 Killed in Iraq – February 19th, 2019
- Fresh Dangers for Truffle Hunters; 12 Killed in Iraq – February 18th, 2019
- Attack at Military Base Near Kirkuk; 11 Killed in Iraq – February 17th, 2019
- Elderly Shrine Tender Among Eight Killed in Iraq – February 16th, 2019
- More Truffle Gatherers Kidnapped; Four Killed in Iraq – February 15th, 2019