At least 22 people were killed and four were wounded in recent violence:
The bodies of three female pilgrims, kidnapped from Karbala weeks ago, were found in Gharq.
Gunmen killed two policemen at a Makhmour checkpoint.
In Khanaqin, gunmen killed a federal policeman and wounded four more.
A civilian was shot dead in Qayara.
Turkish jets targeting alleged Kurdistan Workers’ Party (P.K.K.) sites in Avastin, Qandil, and Senath-Haftanin killed 14 guerrillas.
A militant was killed in Baaj.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- US Soldier Among 25 Killed in Iraq – April 24th, 2019
- Continuing anti-ISIS Operations; Five Killed in Iraq – April 23rd, 2019
- Team Exhuming Mass Grave Fired On; Nine Killed in Iraq – April 22nd, 2019
- U.S. Service Member Among 17 Killed in Iraq – April 20th, 2019
- ISIS Attacks Federal Police; Four Killed in Iraq – April 18th, 2019