At least 22 people were killed and four were wounded in recent violence:
The bodies of three female pilgrims, kidnapped from Karbala weeks ago, were found in Gharq.
Gunmen killed two policemen at a Makhmour checkpoint.
In Khanaqin, gunmen killed a federal policeman and wounded four more.
A civilian was shot dead in Qayara.
Turkish jets targeting alleged Kurdistan Workers’ Party (P.K.K.) sites in Avastin, Qandil, and Senath-Haftanin killed 14 guerrillas.
A militant was killed in Baaj.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Peshmerga Member Among Two Dead in Iraq – December 9th, 2018
- Turkish Jets Strike PKK Targets; 12 Killed in Iraq – December 8th, 2018
- ISIS Grave Gives up 50 Bodies; Two Killed in Iraq – December 6th, 2018
- Protesters Attempt to Storm Basra Governor’s Office; 16 Killed in Iraq – December 4th, 2018
- Four Killed in Iraq – December 2nd, 2018