At least 22 people were killed and four were wounded in recent violence:
The bodies of three female pilgrims, kidnapped from Karbala weeks ago, were found in Gharq.
Gunmen killed two policemen at a Makhmour checkpoint.
In Khanaqin, gunmen killed a federal policeman and wounded four more.
A civilian was shot dead in Qayara.
Turkish jets targeting alleged Kurdistan Workers’ Party (P.K.K.) sites in Avastin, Qandil, and Senath-Haftanin killed 14 guerrillas.
A militant was killed in Baaj.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Truffle Hunters Executed; 17 Killed in Iraq – February 19th, 2019
- Fresh Dangers for Truffle Hunters; 12 Killed in Iraq – February 18th, 2019
- Attack at Military Base Near Kirkuk; 11 Killed in Iraq – February 17th, 2019
- Elderly Shrine Tender Among Eight Killed in Iraq – February 16th, 2019
- More Truffle Gatherers Kidnapped; Four Killed in Iraq – February 15th, 2019