A blast wounded two civilians in Baiji.
Nineteen militants were killed during airstrikes in the Qarabotk, near Makhmour.
In Wadi al-Tharthar operations, 11 militants were killed.
Four suicide bombers were killed and more were arrested in Baghdad. Security forces accuse them of targeting Arbaeen pilgrims.
Security forces killed three militants in Tulul al-Baj, near Saniya.
A militant was killed in Naft Khana.
In other news, about 20,000 Shi’ite militiamen are being redeployed to strengthen the border after Islamic State militants in Syria made advances toward it. Anbar province itself is still home to many ISIS militants, and militants are making inroads further east in central Iraq.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- U.S. Service Member Among 17 Killed in Iraq – April 20th, 2019
- ISIS Attacks Federal Police; Four Killed in Iraq – April 18th, 2019
- Roadside Bomb Targets Soldiers; 23 Killed in Iraq – April 16th, 2019
- Militia Attacks Police in Mosul; Eight Killed in Iraq – April 14th, 2019
- Security Personnel Clash with ISIS; Seven Killed in Iraq – April 12th, 2019