A blast wounded two civilians in Baiji.
Nineteen militants were killed during airstrikes in the Qarabotk, near Makhmour.
In Wadi al-Tharthar operations, 11 militants were killed.
Four suicide bombers were killed and more were arrested in Baghdad. Security forces accuse them of targeting Arbaeen pilgrims.
Security forces killed three militants in Tulul al-Baj, near Saniya.
A militant was killed in Naft Khana.
In other news, about 20,000 Shi’ite militiamen are being redeployed to strengthen the border after Islamic State militants in Syria made advances toward it. Anbar province itself is still home to many ISIS militants, and militants are making inroads further east in central Iraq.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Four People Killed in Iraq Attacks – January 20th, 2019
- Basra Protests Turn Violent Again; Two Killed in Iraq – January 18th, 2019
- 40 Bodies in ISIS Grave; Seven Killed in Iraq – January 16th, 2019
- Scattered Attacks Leave Four Dead in Iraq – January 15th, 2019
- Children Wounded in Roadside Blast; Two Killed in Iraq – January 13th, 2019