At least 11 people were killed, and another nine were wounded in recent violence:
Militants killed an imam in Rutba days after Mounir Okab al-Duleimi gave a speech about continuing the fight against the Islamic State militants.
In Riyadh, five oil police were wounded in a blast.
Four security personnel were wounded during an attack on a headquarters near Ramadi.
Turkish strikes on Kurdistan Workers’ Party targets in Metina left three guerrillas dead.
Security personnel in Rashad killed three suicide bombers.
Four more militants were killed while trying to attack a checkpoint at Kilo 18 in Anbar province.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Truffle Gatherers Under Attack; Three Killed in Iraq – March 22nd, 2019
- 30 Found in Yazidi Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – March 21st, 2019
- Soldiers Ambushed near Baghdad; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2019
- PKK in Fresh Clashes; Eight Killed in Iraq – March 17th, 2019
- Eight Killed in Iraq as Turks Battle PKK – March 16th, 2019