At least 11 people were killed, and another nine were wounded in recent violence:
Militants killed an imam in Rutba days after Mounir Okab al-Duleimi gave a speech about continuing the fight against the Islamic State militants.
In Riyadh, five oil police were wounded in a blast.
Four security personnel were wounded during an attack on a headquarters near Ramadi.
Turkish strikes on Kurdistan Workers’ Party targets in Metina left three guerrillas dead.
Security personnel in Rashad killed three suicide bombers.
Four more militants were killed while trying to attack a checkpoint at Kilo 18 in Anbar province.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 40 Bodies in ISIS Grave; Seven Killed in Iraq – January 16th, 2019
- Scattered Attacks Leave Four Dead in Iraq – January 15th, 2019
- Children Wounded in Roadside Blast; Two Killed in Iraq – January 13th, 2019
- ISIS Members Poisoned by Relative; Seven Killed in Iraq – January 12th, 2019
- Car Bomb in Town Near Syrian Border; Six Killed in Iraq – January 11th, 2019