At least 15 people were killed, and 10 others were wounded in recent violence:
Ten security personnel were killed during an attack at the Akkas oil field in Anbar province.
In Tikrit, a bomb near a petrol station left one person dead and five wounded.
An attack on a military vehicle in Qaim left one soldier dead and two missing.
Five policemen were wounded by a blast in Dibs.
An unknown number of people were killed during a clash in Gwer.
Turkish strikes killed three members of the Kurdistan Workers’ Party (P.K.K.) in Avasin-Basyan.
Turkey has agreed to halt filling a reservoir on the Tigris River in order to deliver more fresh water to Iraq. Turkey reduced water flow into Iraq earlier this year in order to fill the new reservoir, but the reduced flow caused a water crisis in Iraq that led to deadly protests over the summer. Basra’s water supply became so contaminated from the reduced supplies that over 100,000 people were sickened.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Peshmerga Member Among Two Dead in Iraq – December 9th, 2018
- Turkish Jets Strike PKK Targets; 12 Killed in Iraq – December 8th, 2018
- ISIS Grave Gives up 50 Bodies; Two Killed in Iraq – December 6th, 2018
- Protesters Attempt to Storm Basra Governor’s Office; 16 Killed in Iraq – December 4th, 2018
- Four Killed in Iraq – December 2nd, 2018