Hashd al-Shaabi militiamen claimed that Danish forces based in Anbar province fired upon their encampment near Qaim on Sunday. Colonel Sean Ryan, spokesperson for the US-led Coalition, responded to the allegation by saying that forces had fired practice rounds in the desert, but none came any closer than 1.5 kilometers from any militia camps. No casualties were reported.
At least 19 people were killed:
A roadside bomb near Riyadh killed a federal policeman.
Six militants were killed in an airstrike near Khanaqin.
Airstrikes killed five militants in Wadi Houran.
In Akashat, militiamen killed three militants.
Militiamen killed two militants in Ribza.
A strike in the Hamrin Mountains left two militants dead.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Attack at Military Base Near Kirkuk; 11 Killed in Iraq – February 17th, 2019
- Elderly Shrine Tender Among Eight Killed in Iraq – February 16th, 2019
- More Truffle Gatherers Kidnapped; Four Killed in Iraq – February 15th, 2019
- Militia Convoy Attacked; 17 Killed in Iraq – February 14th, 2019
- Security Forces Rescue 30 Civilians; Three Killed in Iraq – February 13th, 2019