There are reports that Iranian troops have moved about 12 miles into Iraqi Kurdistan and taken control of a mountain.
Iran demanded Iraq and the Kurdish Regional Government hand over Kurdish dissidents based in Iraq. On Saturday, Iran bombed the headquarters of two Iranian dissident parties in Koya. Iranian agents were blamed for today’s attack on the headquarters of the Komala Party of Iranian Kurdistan, which is located in Sulaimaniya.
Residents of Barbazin village in Sidikan, near the Iran border, have reported daily strikes over the last 10 days.
Iran reopened its Basra consulate at a new location on Tuesday, just days after protesters set fire to the former building during violent protests.
At least six people were killed, and four were wounded:
In Hawija, militants killed two civilians. Two tribal fighters were killed, and a woman was injured in an attack.
A landmine in Kania Zard killed a Kurdish porter.
In Kanaan, gunmen killed a passport official.
Three policemen were wounded in a blast in Kirkuk.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- U.S. Service Member Among 17 Killed in Iraq – April 20th, 2019
- ISIS Attacks Federal Police; Four Killed in Iraq – April 18th, 2019
- Roadside Bomb Targets Soldiers; 23 Killed in Iraq – April 16th, 2019
- Militia Attacks Police in Mosul; Eight Killed in Iraq – April 14th, 2019
- Security Personnel Clash with ISIS; Seven Killed in Iraq – April 12th, 2019