There are reports that Iranian troops have moved about 12 miles into Iraqi Kurdistan and taken control of a mountain.
Iran demanded Iraq and the Kurdish Regional Government hand over Kurdish dissidents based in Iraq. On Saturday, Iran bombed the headquarters of two Iranian dissident parties in Koya. Iranian agents were blamed for today’s attack on the headquarters of the Komala Party of Iranian Kurdistan, which is located in Sulaimaniya.
Residents of Barbazin village in Sidikan, near the Iran border, have reported daily strikes over the last 10 days.
Iran reopened its Basra consulate at a new location on Tuesday, just days after protesters set fire to the former building during violent protests.
At least six people were killed, and four were wounded:
In Hawija, militants killed two civilians. Two tribal fighters were killed, and a woman was injured in an attack.
A landmine in Kania Zard killed a Kurdish porter.
In Kanaan, gunmen killed a passport official.
Three policemen were wounded in a blast in Kirkuk.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Basra Activist Assassinated; 21 Killed in Iraq – September 25th, 2018
- Danish Troops Accused of Firing on Shi’ite Militia; 19 Killed in Iraq – September 24th, 2018
- Fresh Operations Against ISIS; 37 Killed in Iraq – September 23rd, 2018
- Village Mayor Among 20 Killed in Iraq – September 21st, 2018
- Anti-ISIS Operations Near Syrian Border; 16 Killed in Iraq – September 20th, 2018