An explosion occurred at a Shi’ite-operated munitions depot in Karbala after a fire was reported there. This is the fourth such occurrence in Karbala over the last month. High temperatures and poor storage habits have been blamed in the past for these blasts.
At least 10 people were killed, and eight were wounded in recent violence:
In Mandali, gunmen killed a civilian.
Gunmen killed a civilian in Sinjar.
Eight people were wounded in Basra protests this weekend.
Salih Karkaz, a prominent Islamic State leader was killed in clashes between militants and security personnel near Shirqat.
Turkish strikes in Zap killed seven members of the Kurdistan Workers’ Party (P.K.K.)
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- ISIS Attacks Federal Police; Four Killed in Iraq – April 18th, 2019
- Roadside Bomb Targets Soldiers; 23 Killed in Iraq – April 16th, 2019
- Militia Attacks Police in Mosul; Eight Killed in Iraq – April 14th, 2019
- Security Personnel Clash with ISIS; Seven Killed in Iraq – April 12th, 2019
- Large-scale anti-ISIS operation; 18 Killed in Iraq – April 11th, 2019