At least 30 people were killed, and 24 were wounded in recent violence:
Gunmen killed two policemen in Udhaim.
A blast in Mukhisa killed a policeman.
Two civilians were wounded when a bomb exploded in Taji.
Gunmen wounded a journalist in Shirqat.
Airstrikes in the Makhmour area left eleven militants dead.
Awad Rubai’e, head of the security committee of Abu Saida, announced that 180 militants fled Mosul and headed into Diyala province. This news comes only a day after anonymous sources claimed that the province was free of militants.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Basra Activist Assassinated; 21 Killed in Iraq – September 25th, 2018
- Danish Troops Accused of Firing on Shi’ite Militia; 19 Killed in Iraq – September 24th, 2018
- Fresh Operations Against ISIS; 37 Killed in Iraq – September 23rd, 2018
- Village Mayor Among 20 Killed in Iraq – September 21st, 2018
- Anti-ISIS Operations Near Syrian Border; 16 Killed in Iraq – September 20th, 2018