At least 30 people were killed, and 24 were wounded in recent violence:
Gunmen killed two policemen in Udhaim.
A blast in Mukhisa killed a policeman.
Two civilians were wounded when a bomb exploded in Taji.
Gunmen wounded a journalist in Shirqat.
Airstrikes in the Makhmour area left eleven militants dead.
Awad Rubai’e, head of the security committee of Abu Saida, announced that 180 militants fled Mosul and headed into Diyala province. This news comes only a day after anonymous sources claimed that the province was free of militants.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Basra Protests Turn Violent Again; Two Killed in Iraq – January 18th, 2019
- 40 Bodies in ISIS Grave; Seven Killed in Iraq – January 16th, 2019
- Scattered Attacks Leave Four Dead in Iraq – January 15th, 2019
- Children Wounded in Roadside Blast; Two Killed in Iraq – January 13th, 2019
- ISIS Members Poisoned by Relative; Seven Killed in Iraq – January 12th, 2019