One U.S. servicemember was killed in what appears to be a non-combat helicopter crash. Three other Coalition servicemembers were wounded and sent for treatment, but their nationalities were nor released. The MH-60 Blackhawk helicopter was returning to base after an anti-Islamic State mission at the time of the crash. The location of the operation was in an undisclosed area of Iraq.
At least seven other people were killed, and nine were wounded in recent violence:
Gunmen killed a man vacationing in Shura.
A bomb wounded four militiamen in Iskandariya.
Four militants were killed during an operation in Kirkuk.
Residents in Owanait killed two suicide bombers.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Basra Activist Assassinated; 21 Killed in Iraq – September 25th, 2018
- Danish Troops Accused of Firing on Shi’ite Militia; 19 Killed in Iraq – September 24th, 2018
- Fresh Operations Against ISIS; 37 Killed in Iraq – September 23rd, 2018
- Village Mayor Among 20 Killed in Iraq – September 21st, 2018
- Anti-ISIS Operations Near Syrian Border; 16 Killed in Iraq – September 20th, 2018