One U.S. servicemember was killed in what appears to be a non-combat helicopter crash. Three other Coalition servicemembers were wounded and sent for treatment, but their nationalities were nor released. The MH-60 Blackhawk helicopter was returning to base after an anti-Islamic State mission at the time of the crash. The location of the operation was in an undisclosed area of Iraq.
At least seven other people were killed, and nine were wounded in recent violence:
Gunmen killed a man vacationing in Shura.
A bomb wounded four militiamen in Iskandariya.
Four militants were killed during an operation in Kirkuk.
Residents in Owanait killed two suicide bombers.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Attacks in Kirkuk and Diyala provinces; 10 Killed in Iraq – April 25th, 2019
- US Soldier Among 25 Killed in Iraq – April 24th, 2019
- Continuing anti-ISIS Operations; Five Killed in Iraq – April 23rd, 2019
- Team Exhuming Mass Grave Fired On; Nine Killed in Iraq – April 22nd, 2019
- U.S. Service Member Among 17 Killed in Iraq – April 20th, 2019