One U.S. servicemember was killed in what appears to be a non-combat helicopter crash. Three other Coalition servicemembers were wounded and sent for treatment, but their nationalities were nor released. The MH-60 Blackhawk helicopter was returning to base after an anti-Islamic State mission at the time of the crash. The location of the operation was in an undisclosed area of Iraq.
At least seven other people were killed, and nine were wounded in recent violence:
Gunmen killed a man vacationing in Shura.
A bomb wounded four militiamen in Iskandariya.
Four militants were killed during an operation in Kirkuk.
Residents in Owanait killed two suicide bombers.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Turkish Jets Cross Border to Target PKK; 14 Killed in Iraq – January 21st, 2019
- Four People Killed in Iraq Attacks – January 20th, 2019
- Basra Protests Turn Violent Again; Two Killed in Iraq – January 18th, 2019
- 40 Bodies in ISIS Grave; Seven Killed in Iraq – January 16th, 2019
- Scattered Attacks Leave Four Dead in Iraq – January 15th, 2019