One U.S. servicemember was killed in what appears to be a non-combat helicopter crash. Three other Coalition servicemembers were wounded and sent for treatment, but their nationalities were nor released. The MH-60 Blackhawk helicopter was returning to base after an anti-Islamic State mission at the time of the crash. The location of the operation was in an undisclosed area of Iraq.
At least seven other people were killed, and nine were wounded in recent violence:
Gunmen killed a man vacationing in Shura.
A bomb wounded four militiamen in Iskandariya.
Four militants were killed during an operation in Kirkuk.
Residents in Owanait killed two suicide bombers.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Fresh Operations near Mosul; 22 Killed in Iraq – November 14th, 2018
- 25 Killed in Turkish Strikes Against PKK in Northern Iraq – November 13th, 2018
- Sunni Militia Officer Among 16 Killed in Iraq – November 12th, 2018
- Air Strikes Continue in North; 29 Killed in Iraq – November 11th, 2018
- Airstrikes in Kurdish Region; 33 Killed in Iraq – November 10th, 2018