At least 12 people were killed, and 12 others were wounded in recent violence:
Iraq executed six people accused of murdering Iraqis.
A landmine killed a civilian in Zallan.
A roadside bomb in Abu Ghraib left four wounded.
A bomb wounded two militiamen in Muqdadiya.
Five more deaths were reported in yesterday’s Turkish airstrikes against Kurdistan Workers’ Party (P.K.K.) in Sinjar. The death of a senior member was reported yesterday. Witnesses say that Iraqi forces were flying helicopters in the region and may have been involved in the operation.
Iraqi F-16 fighter jets bombed a suspected gathering of Islamic State militants in Syria. The military said that the militants were planning on staging attacks in Iraq in the coming days.
Protests continued near Basra a day after one person was killed by security forces.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Basra Activist Assassinated; 21 Killed in Iraq – September 25th, 2018
- Danish Troops Accused of Firing on Shi’ite Militia; 19 Killed in Iraq – September 24th, 2018
- Fresh Operations Against ISIS; 37 Killed in Iraq – September 23rd, 2018
- Village Mayor Among 20 Killed in Iraq – September 21st, 2018
- Anti-ISIS Operations Near Syrian Border; 16 Killed in Iraq – September 20th, 2018