At least 12 people were killed, and 12 others were wounded in recent violence:
Iraq executed six people accused of murdering Iraqis.
A landmine killed a civilian in Zallan.
A roadside bomb in Abu Ghraib left four wounded.
A bomb wounded two militiamen in Muqdadiya.
Five more deaths were reported in yesterday’s Turkish airstrikes against Kurdistan Workers’ Party (P.K.K.) in Sinjar. The death of a senior member was reported yesterday. Witnesses say that Iraqi forces were flying helicopters in the region and may have been involved in the operation.
Iraqi F-16 fighter jets bombed a suspected gathering of Islamic State militants in Syria. The military said that the militants were planning on staging attacks in Iraq in the coming days.
Protests continued near Basra a day after one person was killed by security forces.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Turkish Jets Cross Border to Target PKK; 14 Killed in Iraq – January 21st, 2019
- Four People Killed in Iraq Attacks – January 20th, 2019
- Basra Protests Turn Violent Again; Two Killed in Iraq – January 18th, 2019
- 40 Bodies in ISIS Grave; Seven Killed in Iraq – January 16th, 2019
- Scattered Attacks Leave Four Dead in Iraq – January 15th, 2019