At least 30 people were killed, and seven others were wounded in recent violence:
One protester has died after police fired on a demonstration in Ezzedine Salim, Basra province. Current demonstrators are calling for the release of previously detained protesters.
Two policemen were killed in Rashad during a bomb blast.
A bomb in Kirkuk killed one person and wounded two more; the dead man was an employee of the Sunni Endowment Diwan.
In Baaj, a bomb killed one person and wounded another.
Three people were wounded when a bomb exploded near a sports field in Abu Ghraib.
Turkish forces killed a senior member of the Kurdistan Workers’ Party during an operation in Sinjar.
A security operation in the Hamrim Mountains left 22 militants dead.
Two militants were killed and another was wounded during an operation in the al-Siefonah area of Samarra.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Suicide Bombers Blow Themselves up; Four Killed in Iraq – March 24th, 2019
- Truffle Gatherers Under Attack; Three Killed in Iraq – March 22nd, 2019
- 30 Found in Yazidi Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – March 21st, 2019
- Soldiers Ambushed near Baghdad; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2019
- PKK in Fresh Clashes; Eight Killed in Iraq – March 17th, 2019