At least 30 people were killed, and seven others were wounded in recent violence:
One protester has died after police fired on a demonstration in Ezzedine Salim, Basra province. Current demonstrators are calling for the release of previously detained protesters.
Two policemen were killed in Rashad during a bomb blast.
A bomb in Kirkuk killed one person and wounded two more; the dead man was an employee of the Sunni Endowment Diwan.
In Baaj, a bomb killed one person and wounded another.
Three people were wounded when a bomb exploded near a sports field in Abu Ghraib.
Turkish forces killed a senior member of the Kurdistan Workers’ Party during an operation in Sinjar.
A security operation in the Hamrim Mountains left 22 militants dead.
Two militants were killed and another was wounded during an operation in the al-Siefonah area of Samarra.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Four People Killed in Iraq Attacks – January 20th, 2019
- Basra Protests Turn Violent Again; Two Killed in Iraq – January 18th, 2019
- 40 Bodies in ISIS Grave; Seven Killed in Iraq – January 16th, 2019
- Scattered Attacks Leave Four Dead in Iraq – January 15th, 2019
- Children Wounded in Roadside Blast; Two Killed in Iraq – January 13th, 2019