At least 30 people were killed, and seven others were wounded in recent violence:
One protester has died after police fired on a demonstration in Ezzedine Salim, Basra province. Current demonstrators are calling for the release of previously detained protesters.
Two policemen were killed in Rashad during a bomb blast.
A bomb in Kirkuk killed one person and wounded two more; the dead man was an employee of the Sunni Endowment Diwan.
In Baaj, a bomb killed one person and wounded another.
Three people were wounded when a bomb exploded near a sports field in Abu Ghraib.
Turkish forces killed a senior member of the Kurdistan Workers’ Party during an operation in Sinjar.
A security operation in the Hamrim Mountains left 22 militants dead.
Two militants were killed and another was wounded during an operation in the al-Siefonah area of Samarra.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Basra Activist Assassinated; 21 Killed in Iraq – September 25th, 2018
- Danish Troops Accused of Firing on Shi’ite Militia; 19 Killed in Iraq – September 24th, 2018
- Fresh Operations Against ISIS; 37 Killed in Iraq – September 23rd, 2018
- Village Mayor Among 20 Killed in Iraq – September 21st, 2018
- Anti-ISIS Operations Near Syrian Border; 16 Killed in Iraq – September 20th, 2018