At least 12 people were killed, and four were wounded in recent violence:
ISIS militants attacked a checkpoint in Albu Jawari, near Baiji, where they killed five tribal fighters and wounded a sixth. The men were all from the same family and members of the Hashd al-Shaabi.
Militants killed three security personnel in Khirbit Aziz.
Gunmen in Sabaa al-Bour killed one person and wounded another.
Two people were wounded during an attack on a soccer field in Shirqat.
In Riyadh, a civilian was shot dead.
Two militants were killed in Kirkuk.
In Kirkuk, the latest attack on power lines has cut off electricity to parts of Kirkuk, Nineveh, and Salah ad-Din province.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Protests in Basra Ramp up Again; 30 Killed in Iraq – August 15th, 2018
- Bombers Return to Sadr City; Five Killed in Iraq – August 14th, 2018
- Child Injured in Checkpoint Attack; Six Killed in Iraq – August 13th, 2018
- Fresh ISIS Clashes and Attacks; 42 Killed in Iraq – August 12th, 2018
- Double Bombing Targets First Responders; Seven Killed in Iraq – August 10th, 2018