At least seven people were killed, and 10 were wounded in recent violence:
In Nimrud, a bomb targeting two farmers on a motorbike killed one and wounded the other. A second bomb was detonated after first responders arrived. One tribal fighter was killed and four were wounded. At least five other people were wounded at the scene.
Five militants were killed near Qaim.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Six Executed in Iraq; Six Others Killed Across Country – August 16th, 2018
- Protests in Basra Ramp up Again; 30 Killed in Iraq – August 15th, 2018
- Bombers Return to Sadr City; Five Killed in Iraq – August 14th, 2018
- Child Injured in Checkpoint Attack; Six Killed in Iraq – August 13th, 2018
- Fresh ISIS Clashes and Attacks; 42 Killed in Iraq – August 12th, 2018