At least 10 people were killed and six were wounded in recent violence:
A bomb in Abu Ghraib seriously wounded a member of the municipal council.
In Metabijh, clashes left four soldiers dead and five wounded.
Three militants were killed in Diyala province.
Near Hawija, two militants were killed.
Security forces killed an ISIS member near Mosul.
With the recount of votes from the May 12 parliamentary election finalized, Shi’ite cleric Muqtada al-Sadr’s political alliance has again won. The cleric himself did not run for a post, so he cannot become prime minister but he does have influence in the matter of selecting one. He has a list of criteria that must be met or he says that he will come out in opposition to the new government.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 51 Bodies in ISIS Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – October 15th, 2018
- Sadr Colleague Among Seven Killed; 30 Found in Iraq Mass Grave – October 14th, 2018
- Mass Grave Gives up 78 Victims; 11 Recently Killed in Iraq – October 13th, 2018
- 30 Bodies in Mass Grave near Mosul; Two Killed in Iraq – October 11th, 2018
- ISIS Attack on Oil Field; 15 Killed in Iraq – October 10th, 2018