At least 32 people were killed and eight were wounded in recent violence:
Four soldiers were killed and two were wounded during an ISIS attack on their checkpoints between Diyala and Salah ad Din province.
ISIS militants killed three militiamen and wounded two more in Hamzaqa village, near Hawija.
A family of four was killed in a home invasion in Hawai al-Bassat, near Samarra. Men wearing military uniforms killed the couple and their two children.
In Tarmiya, clashes in Manahla village left one soldier with injuries and three militants dead. Clashes also took place in Buhairat.
Fourteen militants were killed during operations in Rutba.
Clashes in Kodeylla left three militants dead and two injured.
Security forces killed a militant in Qaim.
Security forces in Kirkuk province wounded a militant trying to pass through a checkpoint on a motorcycle.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Six Executed in Iraq; Six Others Killed Across Country – August 16th, 2018
- Protests in Basra Ramp up Again; 30 Killed in Iraq – August 15th, 2018
- Bombers Return to Sadr City; Five Killed in Iraq – August 14th, 2018
- Child Injured in Checkpoint Attack; Six Killed in Iraq – August 13th, 2018
- Fresh ISIS Clashes and Attacks; 42 Killed in Iraq – August 12th, 2018