At least 37 people were killed and six were wounded in recent violence:
In Baghdad, a bomb wounded four people including a child.
A bomb wounded two people in Taji.
A police conscript was killed during a home invasion in Sahliya.
In Muqdadiya, a roadside bomb killed a civilian.
An operation near Anah left 20 militants dead. The men may be returning from Syria.
The bodies of twelve militants were found in a cave near Rawah after an airstrike.
Three militants were killed in Dour.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Six Executed in Iraq; Six Others Killed Across Country – August 16th, 2018
- Protests in Basra Ramp up Again; 30 Killed in Iraq – August 15th, 2018
- Bombers Return to Sadr City; Five Killed in Iraq – August 14th, 2018
- Child Injured in Checkpoint Attack; Six Killed in Iraq – August 13th, 2018
- Fresh ISIS Clashes and Attacks; 42 Killed in Iraq – August 12th, 2018