At least 31 were killed and one more person was wounded:
Uniformed men attacked Shahij, killing four members of the Shamar tribe and telling others to leave town. The presumption is that they were Islamic State militants in disguise.
In Baghdad, a bomb killed one security member and wounded another.
Militants near Hawija executed a tribal fighter.
Airstrikes left 15 militants dead in the Hamrin Mountains.
Two electrical towers were blown-up in Kirkuk province, affecting power delivery.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- PKK in Fresh Clashes; Eight Killed in Iraq – March 17th, 2019
- Eight Killed in Iraq as Turks Battle PKK – March 16th, 2019
- Two militiamen Among 11 Killed in Iraq – March 14th, 2019
- ISIS Executes Another Truffle Hunter; Two People Killed in Iraq – March 13th, 2019
- Tribal Fighting Leaves Casualties; Five Killed in Iraq – March 12th, 2019