At least 31 were killed and one more person was wounded:
Uniformed men attacked Shahij, killing four members of the Shamar tribe and telling others to leave town. The presumption is that they were Islamic State militants in disguise.
In Baghdad, a bomb killed one security member and wounded another.
Militants near Hawija executed a tribal fighter.
Airstrikes left 15 militants dead in the Hamrin Mountains.
Two electrical towers were blown-up in Kirkuk province, affecting power delivery.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Children Among Casualties in Basra; Nine Killed in Iraq – December 16th, 2018
- Turkey Continues Unapproved Airstrikes; 24 Killed in Iraq – December 15th, 2018
- Civilians Bombed in Turkish Strikes; 26 Killed in Iraq – December 14th, 2018
- Turkey Bombs PKK Sites; Three Killed in Iraq – December 13th, 2018
- Militants Attack Federal Police Unit; Seven Killed in Iraq – December 11th, 2018