At least 31 were killed and one more person was wounded:
Uniformed men attacked Shahij, killing four members of the Shamar tribe and telling others to leave town. The presumption is that they were Islamic State militants in disguise.
In Baghdad, a bomb killed one security member and wounded another.
Militants near Hawija executed a tribal fighter.
Airstrikes left 15 militants dead in the Hamrin Mountains.
Two electrical towers were blown-up in Kirkuk province, affecting power delivery.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Six Executed in Iraq; Six Others Killed Across Country – August 16th, 2018
- Protests in Basra Ramp up Again; 30 Killed in Iraq – August 15th, 2018
- Bombers Return to Sadr City; Five Killed in Iraq – August 14th, 2018
- Child Injured in Checkpoint Attack; Six Killed in Iraq – August 13th, 2018
- Fresh ISIS Clashes and Attacks; 42 Killed in Iraq – August 12th, 2018