Over one million Iraqis have returned to their homes since the liberation of Nineveh and Salah ad Din provinces from Islamic State control. The United Nations reported that about 870,000 displaced people have returned to Mosul. Meanwhile, a spokesman at the Iraqi Security Information Center said that 160,000 people have returned to Salah ad Din province.
Overall, at least 25 people were killed, and one was wounded:
Airstrikes left 24 militants dead across Diyala province.
One militant was killed an another was wounded during a incident in Hajj Ali.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Turkish Jets Cross Border to Target PKK; 14 Killed in Iraq – January 21st, 2019
- Four People Killed in Iraq Attacks – January 20th, 2019
- Basra Protests Turn Violent Again; Two Killed in Iraq – January 18th, 2019
- 40 Bodies in ISIS Grave; Seven Killed in Iraq – January 16th, 2019
- Scattered Attacks Leave Four Dead in Iraq – January 15th, 2019