A military source revealed that Iraqi forces are on high alert over rumors that a large convoy of Islamic State militants entered from Syria. Troops are preparing an operation in the Baaj area to deal with the incursion which may have involved about 60 vehicles.
At least 27 people were killed in recent violence, and five more were wounded:
A roadside bomb in Kanaan killed two people.
In Qayara, a roadside bomb killed a policeman.
Twenty militants were killed during a major offensive in Atshana and Badush.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- U.S. Service Member Among 17 Killed in Iraq – April 20th, 2019
- ISIS Attacks Federal Police; Four Killed in Iraq – April 18th, 2019
- Roadside Bomb Targets Soldiers; 23 Killed in Iraq – April 16th, 2019
- Militia Attacks Police in Mosul; Eight Killed in Iraq – April 14th, 2019
- Security Personnel Clash with ISIS; Seven Killed in Iraq – April 12th, 2019