Two Filipinas were kidnapped when their car broke down on a highway between Baghdad and Kirkuk.
At least 44 people were killed, and 11 were wounded in recent violence:
A bomb in Riyadh killed three farmers.
Militants killed a villager and wounded three others in Uthiya.
In Soussa, militants killed an oil guard and wounded three more.
A bomb in Rutba killed one person and wounded another.
A policeman was shot dead in Abu Garma.
A woman’s body was found dumped in Babil province.
In Taji, tribal commander and his companion were wounded in a blast.
Thirty militants were killed in operations in Kirkuk province.
An airstrike left three militants dead in Hamrin.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Village Mayor Among 20 Killed in Iraq – September 21st, 2018
- Anti-ISIS Operations Near Syrian Border; 16 Killed in Iraq – September 20th, 2018
- Kirkuk Blast Targets Political Party; 24 Killed in Iraq – September 19th, 2018
- Roadside Bombs Target Buses; 18 Killed in Iraq – September 18th, 2018
- Water Sickens Baghdad Soccer Team in Basra; 14 Killed or Found Dead in Iraq – September 17th, 2018