Two Filipinas were kidnapped when their car broke down on a highway between Baghdad and Kirkuk.
At least 44 people were killed, and 11 were wounded in recent violence:
A bomb in Riyadh killed three farmers.
Militants killed a villager and wounded three others in Uthiya.
In Soussa, militants killed an oil guard and wounded three more.
A bomb in Rutba killed one person and wounded another.
A policeman was shot dead in Abu Garma.
A woman’s body was found dumped in Babil province.
In Taji, tribal commander and his companion were wounded in a blast.
Thirty militants were killed in operations in Kirkuk province.
An airstrike left three militants dead in Hamrin.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Four People Killed in Iraq Attacks – January 20th, 2019
- Basra Protests Turn Violent Again; Two Killed in Iraq – January 18th, 2019
- 40 Bodies in ISIS Grave; Seven Killed in Iraq – January 16th, 2019
- Scattered Attacks Leave Four Dead in Iraq – January 15th, 2019
- Children Wounded in Roadside Blast; Two Killed in Iraq – January 13th, 2019