Two Filipinas were kidnapped when their car broke down on a highway between Baghdad and Kirkuk.
At least 44 people were killed, and 11 were wounded in recent violence:
A bomb in Riyadh killed three farmers.
Militants killed a villager and wounded three others in Uthiya.
In Soussa, militants killed an oil guard and wounded three more.
A bomb in Rutba killed one person and wounded another.
A policeman was shot dead in Abu Garma.
A woman’s body was found dumped in Babil province.
In Taji, tribal commander and his companion were wounded in a blast.
Thirty militants were killed in operations in Kirkuk province.
An airstrike left three militants dead in Hamrin.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018
- Two Killed, 33 Injured in Continuing Protests in Southern Iraq – July 14th, 2018
- Protests Spread Through Southern Provinces; 7 Killed, 57 Wounded in Iraq – July 13th, 2018
- Oil Field Protests Escalate; 13 Killed in Iraq – July 12th, 2018
- Large ISIS Convoy Crosses over from Syria; 27 Killed in Iraq – July 11th, 2018