At least eight people were killed, and four were wounded in recent violence:
The bodies of seven abductees were discovered in an orchard between Buhriz and Baghdad. The group was returning from a wedding when they were stopped and seven men were removed from a minibus at a fake checkpoint along Old al-Nahrawan Road. A number of women and children, however, were allowed to live.
A bomb in Baghdad killed one person and wounded another.
In Baiji, a bomb wounded two people.
A policeman was injured when a bomb exploded in Tal Keif.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018
- Two Killed, 33 Injured in Continuing Protests in Southern Iraq – July 14th, 2018
- Protests Spread Through Southern Provinces; 7 Killed, 57 Wounded in Iraq – July 13th, 2018
- Oil Field Protests Escalate; 13 Killed in Iraq – July 12th, 2018
- Large ISIS Convoy Crosses over from Syria; 27 Killed in Iraq – July 11th, 2018