At least eight people were killed, and four were wounded in recent violence:
The bodies of seven abductees were discovered in an orchard between Buhriz and Baghdad. The group was returning from a wedding when they were stopped and seven men were removed from a minibus at a fake checkpoint along Old al-Nahrawan Road. A number of women and children, however, were allowed to live.
A bomb in Baghdad killed one person and wounded another.
In Baiji, a bomb wounded two people.
A policeman was injured when a bomb exploded in Tal Keif.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Four People Killed in Iraq Attacks – January 20th, 2019
- Basra Protests Turn Violent Again; Two Killed in Iraq – January 18th, 2019
- 40 Bodies in ISIS Grave; Seven Killed in Iraq – January 16th, 2019
- Scattered Attacks Leave Four Dead in Iraq – January 15th, 2019
- Children Wounded in Roadside Blast; Two Killed in Iraq – January 13th, 2019