At least eight people were killed, and four were wounded in recent violence:
The bodies of seven abductees were discovered in an orchard between Buhriz and Baghdad. The group was returning from a wedding when they were stopped and seven men were removed from a minibus at a fake checkpoint along Old al-Nahrawan Road. A number of women and children, however, were allowed to live.
A bomb in Baghdad killed one person and wounded another.
In Baiji, a bomb wounded two people.
A policeman was injured when a bomb exploded in Tal Keif.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Truffle Gatherers Under Attack; Three Killed in Iraq – March 22nd, 2019
- 30 Found in Yazidi Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – March 21st, 2019
- Soldiers Ambushed near Baghdad; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2019
- PKK in Fresh Clashes; Eight Killed in Iraq – March 17th, 2019
- Eight Killed in Iraq as Turks Battle PKK – March 16th, 2019