At least 24 others were killed, and three more were wounded in recent violence:
In Shirwan, Turkish shelling killed a 19-year-old woman working in a field.
Five tribal fighters were killed and three more were wounded at a fake checkpoint in Hawija.
The bodies of three farmers were discovered near Balad Ruz.
A police conscript was shot dead in Abu Saida.
In Baquba, the body of a young man was found.
Turkish airstrikes on the Avasin-Basyan region killed four members of the Kurdistan Workers Party (P.K.K.).
Six militants were killed in a strike in the Hamrin Mountains.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Mass Grave Yields 48 ISIS fighters; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 19th, 2018
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018