At least 24 others were killed, and three more were wounded in recent violence:
In Shirwan, Turkish shelling killed a 19-year-old woman working in a field.
Five tribal fighters were killed and three more were wounded at a fake checkpoint in Hawija.
The bodies of three farmers were discovered near Balad Ruz.
A police conscript was shot dead in Abu Saida.
In Baquba, the body of a young man was found.
Turkish airstrikes on the Avasin-Basyan region killed four members of the Kurdistan Workers Party (P.K.K.).
Six militants were killed in a strike in the Hamrin Mountains.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Roadside Bombs Target Buses; 18 Killed in Iraq – September 18th, 2018
- Water Sickens Baghdad Soccer Team in Basra; 14 Killed or Found Dead in Iraq – September 17th, 2018
- Troops Deployed to Turkish Border; 20 Killed in Iraq – September 16th, 2018
- Children Found in Mosul Mass Grave; 11 Killed or Found Dead in Iraq – September 15th, 2018
- ISIS Grave Yields 23 Bodies; 19 Others Wounded in Iraq – September 14th, 2018