At least 24 others were killed, and three more were wounded in recent violence:
In Shirwan, Turkish shelling killed a 19-year-old woman working in a field.
Five tribal fighters were killed and three more were wounded at a fake checkpoint in Hawija.
The bodies of three farmers were discovered near Balad Ruz.
A police conscript was shot dead in Abu Saida.
In Baquba, the body of a young man was found.
Turkish airstrikes on the Avasin-Basyan region killed four members of the Kurdistan Workers Party (P.K.K.).
Six militants were killed in a strike in the Hamrin Mountains.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- ISIS Attacks Federal Police; Four Killed in Iraq – April 18th, 2019
- Roadside Bomb Targets Soldiers; 23 Killed in Iraq – April 16th, 2019
- Militia Attacks Police in Mosul; Eight Killed in Iraq – April 14th, 2019
- Security Personnel Clash with ISIS; Seven Killed in Iraq – April 12th, 2019
- Large-scale anti-ISIS operation; 18 Killed in Iraq – April 11th, 2019