Iraq received the latest batch of KAI T-50 Golden Eagle fighter planes that it purchased from South Korea in 2013 in order to battle the Islamic State. So far, Iraq has taken possession of 18 of the 24 jets promised in the deal.
At least six people were killed and five were wounded:
A mortar attack on a base near Qara Tapa left five soldiers with injuries.
Turkish jets targeted Kurdistan Workers’ Party (P.K.K.) sites near Zab, killing three members of the guerrilla group.
Militiamen killed a militant in Abbasi.
Islamic State militants burned down several homes and set fire to farms in the Riyadh region.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Random Attacks Rattle North; 23 Killed in Iraq – October 21st, 2018
- Nine Militants Killed During Security Operations in Iraq – October 20th, 2018
- Anti-ISIS Imam Among 11 Killed in Iraq – October 19th, 2018
- Over 2,200 Bodies Exhumed in Mosul Region; Four Killed in Iraq – October 18th, 2018
- Iraq Executes Six Convicts; 14 Others Killed in Attacks – October 17th, 2018