Iraq received the latest batch of KAI T-50 Golden Eagle fighter planes that it purchased from South Korea in 2013 in order to battle the Islamic State. So far, Iraq has taken possession of 18 of the 24 jets promised in the deal.
At least six people were killed and five were wounded:
A mortar attack on a base near Qara Tapa left five soldiers with injuries.
Turkish jets targeted Kurdistan Workers’ Party (P.K.K.) sites near Zab, killing three members of the guerrilla group.
Militiamen killed a militant in Abbasi.
Islamic State militants burned down several homes and set fire to farms in the Riyadh region.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Attack at Military Base Near Kirkuk; 11 Killed in Iraq – February 17th, 2019
- Elderly Shrine Tender Among Eight Killed in Iraq – February 16th, 2019
- More Truffle Gatherers Kidnapped; Four Killed in Iraq – February 15th, 2019
- Militia Convoy Attacked; 17 Killed in Iraq – February 14th, 2019
- Security Forces Rescue 30 Civilians; Three Killed in Iraq – February 13th, 2019