Iraq received the latest batch of KAI T-50 Golden Eagle fighter planes that it purchased from South Korea in 2013 in order to battle the Islamic State. So far, Iraq has taken possession of 18 of the 24 jets promised in the deal.
At least six people were killed and five were wounded:
A mortar attack on a base near Qara Tapa left five soldiers with injuries.
Turkish jets targeted Kurdistan Workers’ Party (P.K.K.) sites near Zab, killing three members of the guerrilla group.
Militiamen killed a militant in Abbasi.
Islamic State militants burned down several homes and set fire to farms in the Riyadh region.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Anti-ISIS Operation Launched in Anbar; 45 Killed in Iraq – June 17th, 2018
- More Humanitarian Aid Planned; Seven Killed in Iraq – June 16th, 2018
- Forty ISIS Bodies Found in Grave; 28 Killed in Iraq – June 15th, 2018
- Euphrates Fills with Bodies Floating in from Syria; 18 Killed or Found Dead in Iraq – June 14th, 2018
- Abadi Calls Turkey’s Claims of PKK Operations ‘Propaganda;’ Three Killed in Iraq – June 12th, 2018