Iraq received the latest batch of KAI T-50 Golden Eagle fighter planes that it purchased from South Korea in 2013 in order to battle the Islamic State. So far, Iraq has taken possession of 18 of the 24 jets promised in the deal.
At least six people were killed and five were wounded:
A mortar attack on a base near Qara Tapa left five soldiers with injuries.
Turkish jets targeted Kurdistan Workers’ Party (P.K.K.) sites near Zab, killing three members of the guerrilla group.
Militiamen killed a militant in Abbasi.
Islamic State militants burned down several homes and set fire to farms in the Riyadh region.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Militants Attack Federal Police Unit; Seven Killed in Iraq – December 11th, 2018
- Peshmerga Member Among Two Dead in Iraq – December 9th, 2018
- Turkish Jets Strike PKK Targets; 12 Killed in Iraq – December 8th, 2018
- ISIS Grave Gives up 50 Bodies; Two Killed in Iraq – December 6th, 2018
- Protesters Attempt to Storm Basra Governor’s Office; 16 Killed in Iraq – December 4th, 2018