Turkey announced an escalation in its operations against the Kurdistan Workers’ Party (P.K.K.) in northern Iraq, but so far has only continued launching airstrikes in the Qandil Mountains region where the (P.K.K.) has its main headquarters.
At least 23 people were killed, and 16 more were wounded:
In Qara Tapa, militants killed two militiamen and wounded 10 more.
A bomb wounded three security personnel in Jurf al-Nasr (Jurf al-Sakhar).
Three P.K.K. guerrillas were killed in Hakurk and Zab.
Militia forces killed 13 militants at several locations in Anbar province.
In Baghdadi, security forces killed two militants.
Two militants were killed in Baaj.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Mass ISIS Grave Yields 167 Bodies; 19 Killed Recently in Iraq – June 20th, 2018
- ISIS Kidnappings Increase Significantly; 37 Killed in Iraq – June 19th, 2018
- Shepherds Kidnapped and Executed; 16 Killed in Iraq – June 18th, 2018
- Anti-ISIS Operation Launched in Anbar; 45 Killed in Iraq – June 17th, 2018
- More Humanitarian Aid Planned; Seven Killed in Iraq – June 16th, 2018