Turkey announced an escalation in its operations against the Kurdistan Workers’ Party (P.K.K.) in northern Iraq, but so far has only continued launching airstrikes in the Qandil Mountains region where the (P.K.K.) has its main headquarters.
At least 23 people were killed, and 16 more were wounded:
In Qara Tapa, militants killed two militiamen and wounded 10 more.
A bomb wounded three security personnel in Jurf al-Nasr (Jurf al-Sakhar).
Three P.K.K. guerrillas were killed in Hakurk and Zab.
Militia forces killed 13 militants at several locations in Anbar province.
In Baghdadi, security forces killed two militants.
Two militants were killed in Baaj.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Attack at Military Base Near Kirkuk; 11 Killed in Iraq – February 17th, 2019
- Elderly Shrine Tender Among Eight Killed in Iraq – February 16th, 2019
- More Truffle Gatherers Kidnapped; Four Killed in Iraq – February 15th, 2019
- Militia Convoy Attacked; 17 Killed in Iraq – February 14th, 2019
- Security Forces Rescue 30 Civilians; Three Killed in Iraq – February 13th, 2019