Turkey announced an escalation in its operations against the Kurdistan Workers’ Party (P.K.K.) in northern Iraq, but so far has only continued launching airstrikes in the Qandil Mountains region where the (P.K.K.) has its main headquarters.
At least 23 people were killed, and 16 more were wounded:
In Qara Tapa, militants killed two militiamen and wounded 10 more.
A bomb wounded three security personnel in Jurf al-Nasr (Jurf al-Sakhar).
Three P.K.K. guerrillas were killed in Hakurk and Zab.
Militia forces killed 13 militants at several locations in Anbar province.
In Baghdadi, security forces killed two militants.
Two militants were killed in Baaj.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Political Blocs Discuss Coalition Building; Seven Killed in Iraq – August 19th, 2018
- Militia Armory Burns and Explodes; 15 Killed in Iraq – August 18th, 2018
- Electric Infrastructure Targeted; Six Killed in Iraq – August 17th, 2018
- Six Executed in Iraq; Six Others Killed Across Country – August 16th, 2018
- Protests in Basra Ramp up Again; 30 Killed in Iraq – August 15th, 2018