Turkey announced an escalation in its operations against the Kurdistan Workers’ Party (P.K.K.) in northern Iraq, but so far has only continued launching airstrikes in the Qandil Mountains region where the (P.K.K.) has its main headquarters.
At least 23 people were killed, and 16 more were wounded:
In Qara Tapa, militants killed two militiamen and wounded 10 more.
A bomb wounded three security personnel in Jurf al-Nasr (Jurf al-Sakhar).
Three P.K.K. guerrillas were killed in Hakurk and Zab.
Militia forces killed 13 militants at several locations in Anbar province.
In Baghdadi, security forces killed two militants.
Two militants were killed in Baaj.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Iran-Iraq War Remains Exchanged; Five Killed in Iraq – December 18th, 2018
- Children Among Casualties in Basra; Nine Killed in Iraq – December 16th, 2018
- Turkey Continues Unapproved Airstrikes; 24 Killed in Iraq – December 15th, 2018
- Civilians Bombed in Turkish Strikes; 26 Killed in Iraq – December 14th, 2018
- Turkey Bombs PKK Sites; Three Killed in Iraq – December 13th, 2018