Turkey announced an escalation in its operations against the Kurdistan Workers’ Party (P.K.K.) in northern Iraq, but so far has only continued launching airstrikes in the Qandil Mountains region where the (P.K.K.) has its main headquarters.
At least 23 people were killed, and 16 more were wounded:
In Qara Tapa, militants killed two militiamen and wounded 10 more.
A bomb wounded three security personnel in Jurf al-Nasr (Jurf al-Sakhar).
Three P.K.K. guerrillas were killed in Hakurk and Zab.
Militia forces killed 13 militants at several locations in Anbar province.
In Baghdadi, security forces killed two militants.
Two militants were killed in Baaj.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Over 2,200 Bodies Exhumed in Mosul Region; Four Killed in Iraq – October 18th, 2018
- Iraq Executes Six Convicts; 14 Others Killed in Attacks – October 17th, 2018
- ISIS Commander Blamed for Iran Attack among 18 Killed in Iraq – October 16th, 2018
- 51 Bodies in ISIS Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – October 15th, 2018
- Sadr Colleague Among Seven Killed; 30 Found in Iraq Mass Grave – October 14th, 2018