Iraqi forces launched a new operation against Islamic State militants in Diyala province. The operation follows an increase in the number and severity of attacks in the region. Arrests have already been made.
At least 14 people were killed, and three more were wounded:
Turkey reports that air strikes killed 14 members of the Kurdistan Workers’ Party (P.K.K.). Turkish forces have been moving farther into Iraq recently to deal with the guerrilla group. Strikes were separately reported in Dohuk and Erbil provinces.
A bomb in Tarmiya left three wounded.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018
- Two Killed, 33 Injured in Continuing Protests in Southern Iraq – July 14th, 2018
- Protests Spread Through Southern Provinces; 7 Killed, 57 Wounded in Iraq – July 13th, 2018