Iraqi forces launched a new operation against Islamic State militants in Diyala province. The operation follows an increase in the number and severity of attacks in the region. Arrests have already been made.
At least 14 people were killed, and three more were wounded:
Turkey reports that air strikes killed 14 members of the Kurdistan Workers’ Party (P.K.K.). Turkish forces have been moving farther into Iraq recently to deal with the guerrilla group. Strikes were separately reported in Dohuk and Erbil provinces.
A bomb in Tarmiya left three wounded.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Sadr Colleague Among Seven Killed; 30 Found in Iraq Mass Grave – October 14th, 2018
- Mass Grave Gives up 78 Victims; 11 Recently Killed in Iraq – October 13th, 2018
- 30 Bodies in Mass Grave near Mosul; Two Killed in Iraq – October 11th, 2018
- ISIS Attack on Oil Field; 15 Killed in Iraq – October 10th, 2018
- Security Forces Among 13 Killed in Iraq – October 9th, 2018