Iraqi forces launched a new operation against Islamic State militants in Diyala province. The operation follows an increase in the number and severity of attacks in the region. Arrests have already been made.
At least 14 people were killed, and three more were wounded:
Turkey reports that air strikes killed 14 members of the Kurdistan Workers’ Party (P.K.K.). Turkish forces have been moving farther into Iraq recently to deal with the guerrilla group. Strikes were separately reported in Dohuk and Erbil provinces.
A bomb in Tarmiya left three wounded.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Roadside Bombs Target Buses; 18 Killed in Iraq – September 18th, 2018
- Water Sickens Baghdad Soccer Team in Basra; 14 Killed or Found Dead in Iraq – September 17th, 2018
- Troops Deployed to Turkish Border; 20 Killed in Iraq – September 16th, 2018
- Children Found in Mosul Mass Grave; 11 Killed or Found Dead in Iraq – September 15th, 2018
- ISIS Grave Yields 23 Bodies; 19 Others Wounded in Iraq – September 14th, 2018