At least 13 people were killed or found dead, and 23 more were wounded:
Five bodies were found in a mass grave in Hawija. The victims were shot in the head.
Militants killed two policemen at a station in Hadar.
A policemen was shot dead in Hammam al-Alil.
A bomb in Kirkuk wounded four people.
Three people were wounded when a landmine exploded near Multaqa.
In Baghdad, a blast left two people with injuries.
Three militants were killed in Riyadh.
Near Iraq’s borders:
Across the Syrian border from Qaim, a significant battle has taken place. At least 45 security personnel were killed, many of them Iraqi. The Islamic State lost 21 members in the fighting. A combined force of servicemembers, border guards, and tribal fighter were deployed to the border in case militants attempt to cross into Iraq.
Revolutionary Guards near Oshavieh, Iran, killed nine militants they claim had crossed over from Iraq and were planning an attack in Iraq.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Militants Attack Federal Police Unit; Seven Killed in Iraq – December 11th, 2018
- Peshmerga Member Among Two Dead in Iraq – December 9th, 2018
- Turkish Jets Strike PKK Targets; 12 Killed in Iraq – December 8th, 2018
- ISIS Grave Gives up 50 Bodies; Two Killed in Iraq – December 6th, 2018
- Protesters Attempt to Storm Basra Governor’s Office; 16 Killed in Iraq – December 4th, 2018