At least nine people were killed, and five were wounded in recent violence:
Clashes between Shi’ite militiamen and Islamic State militants in Farhatiya, Salah ad Din province, left four militiamen dead and two more wounded. The militants, numbering around 40, fled with their casualties.
A bomb killed one person and wounded three more. in Husseiniya.
In Mukhisa, a bomb killed one person.
Federal forces shot three militants to death near Rashad.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- ISIS Attacks Federal Police; Four Killed in Iraq – April 18th, 2019
- Roadside Bomb Targets Soldiers; 23 Killed in Iraq – April 16th, 2019
- Militia Attacks Police in Mosul; Eight Killed in Iraq – April 14th, 2019
- Security Personnel Clash with ISIS; Seven Killed in Iraq – April 12th, 2019
- Large-scale anti-ISIS operation; 18 Killed in Iraq – April 11th, 2019